Our website address is: https://www.markoneill.org and we are located in the Federal Republic of Germany.
When filling out a form on the site, you may be asked to provide your contact information. This personal information will only be used by us to contact you as per your request and it will not be transferred, sold, or provided to any other party unless required by law. You have the right to not provide your contact information, but by declining you may not be able to submit the contact form or use the services or features offered on this site. This information is stored in our database on our server indefinitely (or until manually deleted).
If you subscribe to Mark’s email subscriber list, your name and email address will be saved on Mailerlite’s secure servers. You will only be emailed news about Mark’s latest publications and/or to offer free, discounted, or newly released books from other authors you may enjoy. Mark does not share his newsletter subscriber list with other authors or marketing firms. Email information collected when you subscribed to Mark O’Neill’s newsletter group will remain on Mailerlite’s server indefinitely, so that your subscription preferences (including date when you subscribed and unsubscribed, etc.) can be recorded.
A Facebook pixel appears on every page of this site to help us determine a marketing audience and to track the success of Facebook advertising campaigns. Email addresses collected by Mark can, at times, be uploaded collectively to Facebook in order for its algorithms to create a “look-alike” group of similar Facebook users who may also be interested in Mark’s books. Individual email addresses are not used to target individual users on Facebook. The creation of “look-alike audiences” is a common practice used by Facebook advertisers when trying to expand their organic reach. It does not give Facebook the right to contact you using the email addresses that were uploaded.
If you leave a book review or any other comment for other readers to see on this site or any other web page about Mark’s book(s), your comments may be used and posted by Mark without restriction and free of charge on our website and/or as deemed appropriate by Mark in other marketing efforts. You can request to have these comments or reviews deleted at any time by contacting Mark by email.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate the Site. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser, and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Site and other technical information. If you access our site with your mobile device, we may automatically collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model, and manufacturer), operating system, version information, and IP address. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Site, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies. You can find out more about this in our Cookies Policy.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
This non-personal information cannot be linked to your personal data but can be used to improve this website and the information it contains. You can always change your browser configuration if you do not want to accept cookies from this site although it could result in problematic viewing of the site.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
By using and viewing this site, you acknowledge that Mark O’Neill specifically disclaims any contractual, tort, strict, or any other type of liability for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, or any other type of damage associated with this site, including but not limited to, any virus that may infect your computer. All efforts are made to ensure such consequences don’t occur but you are held solely responsible for any damage related to downloading material obtained from this site or from sites linked to this site.
Mark O’Neill will not be held liable for the unavailability or failure of site functions except to the extent required by applicable laws. This site will contain links to other sites and other sites may link to this site. These links are added for pure convenience, and Mark O’Neill is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of the content from these others sites. Accessing these sites is done at your own risk.
You cannot copy, modify, distribute, license, disseminate, display, reproduce, transfer, sell, or offer to sell any material, information, product, image, text, code, or service viewed or obtained from this site without written permission from Mark O’Neill.
We only share and disclose your information in the following situations:
• Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal processes, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
• Vital Interests and Legal Rights. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
• Vendors, Consultants, and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work.
• Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
• Third-Party Advertisers. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Site. These companies may use information about your visits to our Site and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
• Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
• With your Consent. We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
• Other Users. When you share personal information (for example, by posting comments, contributions, or other content to the Site) or otherwise interact with public areas of the Site, such personal information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Site in perpetuity.
Our website servers are located in Berlin, Germany. We will not under any circumstances transfer your personal information to an overseas recipient.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 16 years of age. By using the Site, you represent that you are at least 16 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Site. If we learn that personal information from users less than 16 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 16, please contact us.
EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has provided the below rights to the EU residents:
EU residents can exercise these rights by raising a request directly with us.